Clicking sound or popping sounds in front of ears when opening the mouth and moving the jaw

Solutions
Hi all,
I had a cavity filling 8 months back on my left side teeth. (13,14,15,19). I have some issues with fillings and I have to go to a different dentist for that.
Recently,I am having this issue. I am hearing some popping or clicking sound in my ears or near my jaw joint when I open the mouth and sometimes when swallowing something. I hear it only on the left side ears. So, is this anything related to my fillings on the left side?
Or it could be cold or sinus problem? I had cold for 2 weeks. But the sound was there before that too. Any inputs on this please. What should I do?
I asked about this to my dentist once. He said my bite looks like a donkey bite where I am moving my teeth to right side jaw and closing the mouth. He said that's normal.
I really don't know if I have donkey bite. Whether that's the reason for the popping sound?

Solutions
It sounds like a clicking jaw. It means one side isn't engaging as it should. It's not normal but it's very common. Usually doesn't cause problems, but can cause pain. It may have been worsened by your recent dental work.

Vote:
Solutions
It sounds like a clicking jaw. It means one side isn't engaging as it should. It's not normal but it's very common. Usually doesn't cause problems, but can cause pain. It may have been worsened by your recent dental work.
Thank you so much for your reply.
I will check with the dentist next time when I go.

Vote:
Solutions
Hi,
Click sound will occur for various reasons. Yes, it is possible because of your filling if it has " high-points". This you have to rule out with your dentist. However, another major reason could be the eruption of the wisdom tooth ( if you are at the age of 19-25 years or even more and if your wisdom tooth gets impacted), kindly Check with that too. Malocclusion could also be a reason where your bite is not in proper order. This can be rectified with orthodontic treatment. You have to sort out the actual cause to rectify the issue. I have explained about it in more details in my page about the reasons for clicking sound in the TMJ, You shall also have a look on to it for an overall idea.

Vote:

Ask a Question