cavities

i had a dental sealant placed on a bottom molar that never had cavities in the first place. i love to eat many sweet things like cooked bananas with natural honey in the morning for breakfast. i wait at least one hour or more before drinking water. after that i would drink soy milk which would be fairly sweet because i added sugar. after that i would wait at least another hour before drinking more water. i didnt use listerine anticavity mouthrinse but assuming i had even with this kind of eating habits, would it have prevented the cavity that formed adjacent to the dental sealant? i brush only twice a day, morning and night. would it have prevented the cavity like it claims to do so or not? can a dentist please tell me. thank you.

Solutions
It's impossible to tell what caused your cavity. But you can always rinse your mouth with water instead of drinking it. Maybe use a straw with sweet drinks or avoid them.

If you have gastritis it's also possible that you may have had acid coming up into the mouth at some point. That sort of thing can really damage enamel. If you have thrown up because of gastritis that's pretty bad for teeth too as it will include some acid. Is the gastritis chronic and were you tested for H pylori?

Are you sufficiently hydrated before you eat? Saliva is really important to preventing cavities and maybe your mouth is too dry if you have to wait to drink.

Vote:

Ask a Question