Cavities what do I do??!!

I haven't had Dental insurance until now. I am 19 and my job now covers it. I have quite a few cavities (more like a few holes near the gum line). I have brushed my teeth at least once a day since I was little. But they came anyways. I am in not pain of discomfort as of now and haven't been ever. I was wondering what choices I have in getting them fixed. I know that one will most likely have to be pulled the bottom right pointy tooth (sorry don't know the technical name). The whole front of the tooth's enamel is missing except for the tip of the tooth. I know I should have been a lot better with brushing and flossing!!! Also have about 7 other teeth with small holes near the gum line. 2 on the inside near my tongue and the rest near my cheeks. 3 of them are on the back molars. Is there anyway these can be fixed or will they have to rip them out. I am planning on joining the Army later this year so I have to get this fixed as soon as possible. But I also cant go with all fake teeth, I am just wondering what my choices are in getting these fixed. What should I be telling the dentist when I call and make the first appointment (i.e. Hey I want to come in I have a ton of holes in my teeth. Have fun!!) I just want to make sure I get everything fixed and have an idea about what should be done.

They might be able to fix it, but since your new jobs insurance covers it, I would go see your dentist, see what he/she can do with them. Then I would up your brushings from 1 time a day to about 3 times a day(after every meal). It's apparent that the brushing you are doing aren't covering all the things you eat and drink throughout the day, which is leading to the decay and cavities.

Vote:

Ask a Question