Can't floss between bonded teeth

I had a few of my front teeth bonded together, I can floss between the teeth using a floss threader but between two of the teeth the bonding was done so that the floss threader won't fit and thus can't floss between these two teeth. I called my dentist but I'm getting the run around on a response. This seems like this needs to be fixed so that I can floss between these two teeth?

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Why did you have your front teeth bonded together? Was it due to injury or bone damage? If you can't get the floss threader through, you must get it corrected. If you are getting the run around, request an urgent appointment.

Vote:
Thanks for reply, good to know my instinct was correct, I'm getting pretty frustrated with their response. The teeth were bonded due to recession of gums.

Vote:

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Good day,

I agree with honestdoc. If you can't clean around the teeth, the problem will only get worse. It is very strange to have teeth bonded together for only recession. Usually it is done if there was extensive bone loss, due to periodontitis , leading to mobility of the teeth. I would make an appointment to have this correct as soon as possible or seek a second opinion.

Vote:
So i reached out to my dentist and his reply was 'you can either keep the bonding or be able to floss between the teeth but you can't do both'. He didn't offer to take out the option of taking out the bonding so my assumption is that he thinks should just keep it as is and not ever be able to floss between the two teeth. What do you all think?

Vote:

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Solutions
In between teeth must be kept clean. If you have a lot of recession, you should be able to use the floss threader under. If not, have your dentist adjust the bonding to allow for that.

Vote:

Ask a Question