Can you remove veneers and replace with composite bonding?

Hi I am very unhappy with my upper veneers, they are too bit for my mouth and are causing me alot of pain because my bite is out.
I do not want to replace them with more veneers, what other options are there?

Ad

Advertisements

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Good day

Have you been to the dentist for adjustments? The veneers can be replaced with full coverage crowns, or with composite bonding. There are advantages and disadvantages of both options.

Vote:
Ad

Advertisements

Good day

Have you been to the dentist for adjustments? The veneers can be replaced with full coverage crowns, or with composite bonding. There are advantages and disadvantages of both options.

Hi Thank you for your reply, yes I have had them adjusted a couple of times but have now given up on the original dentist, I originally had them done 3 years ago, I just dont trust anyone anymore I am just suffering with the pain because the 2 other dentists I have seent want to replace all of them for new veneers at a cost of £15,000.
I also have TMJ joint disorder from the overbite of my new veneers which I did not have before, the maxillofacial consultant at the NHS said I should be seen at a teaching hospital but I cannot get a referral without seeing another dentist at further costs to me, although the consultant did ask my GP to refer me which they did but came back that I need to see a dentist first for more information.
I would rather have composite bonding as I think this looks better, I have a small mouth and think everything else looks too big!
Could you tell me the advantages and disadvantages of both please?
Thank you again :)

Vote:

Ask a Question