Can you remove veneers and replace with composite bonding?

Hi I am very unhappy with my upper veneers, they are too bit for my mouth and are causing me alot of pain because my bite is out.
I do not want to replace them with more veneers, what other options are there?

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Good day

Have you been to the dentist for adjustments? The veneers can be replaced with full coverage crowns, or with composite bonding. There are advantages and disadvantages of both options.

Vote:
Good day

Have you been to the dentist for adjustments? The veneers can be replaced with full coverage crowns, or with composite bonding. There are advantages and disadvantages of both options.

Hi Thank you for your reply, yes I have had them adjusted a couple of times but have now given up on the original dentist, I originally had them done 3 years ago, I just dont trust anyone anymore I am just suffering with the pain because the 2 other dentists I have seent want to replace all of them for new veneers at a cost of £15,000.
I also have TMJ joint disorder from the overbite of my new veneers which I did not have before, the maxillofacial consultant at the NHS said I should be seen at a teaching hospital but I cannot get a referral without seeing another dentist at further costs to me, although the consultant did ask my GP to refer me which they did but came back that I need to see a dentist first for more information.
I would rather have composite bonding as I think this looks better, I have a small mouth and think everything else looks too big!
Could you tell me the advantages and disadvantages of both please?
Thank you again :)

Vote:
Yes, it is possible to remove veneers and replace them with composite bonding. However, the decision to remove veneers and replace them with composite bonding should be made after a thorough examination and consultation with your dentist.
Removing veneers can be a complex process, as they are bonded to the surface of the tooth and the tooth structure may need to be reshaped. Additionally, removing veneers may result in damage to the underlying tooth structure.
Composite bonding is a less invasive procedure than veneers, but it may not be as durable or long-lasting. It also may not be suitable for all patients, and it depends on the amount of damage or decay on the tooth and the patient's oral hygiene and habits.
It's important to discuss your options with your dentist and weigh the pros and cons of each treatment before making a decision.

Vote:
Thank you everyone
Thats encouraging, here in the UK the dentists I have seen all want to replace my veneers with new ones and have said it is not possible to have composite. I really dont know what to do? any suggestions

Vote:

MattKW

Verified Dentist
Solutions
  1. If you had veneers placed, I'm assuming they were covering up discolourations or slight misalignments?
  2. Usually there is some light drilling of the teeth before placing veneers- did this happen in your case?
  3. Have you got pics, including with teeth apart and with teeth closed?

Vote:
Yes the veneers are covering up discolourations and filled teeth, I have a 3 tooth bridge on my left hand side ( I lost a tooth because of an abcess), behind that are 2 crowns, the 5 teeth on my right side are all veneers and the back tooth is my own.

Yes my teeth were drilled, I had them done twice as the first time they were too big, so the dentist re did them, although they are still too big.

Thank you for your help :)

Attachments

• Teeth.jpg
    Teeth.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 19

Vote:

Ask a Question