Can tooth be saved? xray

Hi, Sorry for my english, Are there any options beside rootcanal? Or can it be saved?
xray1.png
xray2.png
xray3.png

MattKW

Verified Dentist
Solutions
You could do an RCT successfully, but to then fill a cavity that deep will probably go under the gum, and that carries a high risk of failure. I also see you have some early decay in the tooth behind it. Unfortunately, I would suggest you have the tooth with the large hole extracted.Decay.JPG

Vote:
thank you for the answer, I been to 4 diffrent dentists and they say extraction wont be
necessary, I dont have an infection can it be repaird with a pulp cap?
Dentist told me the cavity next to it would probably heal if i floss and use flouride toothpaste.

Vote:

MattKW

Verified Dentist
Solutions
thank you for the answer, I been to 4 diffrent dentists and they say extraction wont be
necessary, I dont have an infection can it be repaird with a pulp cap?
Dentist told me the cavity next to it would probably heal if i floss and use flouride toothpaste.
You don't have an infection, but he pulp will certainly be exposed and infected once the decay is removed. Pulp capping will fail in 3-12 months; it never works well except as a temporary measure before a planned RCT. The cavity in adjacent tooth will not get better no matter how much you floss and cover with fluoride; at best you might slow it down. Yes, it is possible to have an RCT, and then place a deep filling, but you'll find it will be a plaque trap and cause even more decay in the adjacent tooth. Cut your losses and get rid of the worst tooth so you can have a small and simple filling in the adjacent tooth.

Vote:

Ask a Question