Can a good bridge be done on a 45 slanted molar?

Hi all,

My elderly mum needs to do a lower first molar, and an option is to do a bridge from the second bicuspid to the second molar.

But the second molar has slanted 45° into the gap of the missing first molar.

Is a bridge still viable?

Thanks in advance :)

Attachments

• IMG-20230907-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20230907-WA0000.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Solution
Very poor resolution pic.
Really hard at that sort of angulation. Also have issues of opposing molar in upper arch is over-erupted, and the back (distal) surface of the tilted molar is a damned hard place to get clean. You would have to do a 2-part bridge with a crown on the tilted molar attached to a pontic that had a male connector. Then a single crown on the tooth at front of the gap with a distal female connector. Long term success rate - poor. I wouldn't do it.

MattKW

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Very poor resolution pic.
Really hard at that sort of angulation. Also have issues of opposing molar in upper arch is over-erupted, and the back (distal) surface of the tilted molar is a damned hard place to get clean. You would have to do a 2-part bridge with a crown on the tilted molar attached to a pontic that had a male connector. Then a single crown on the tooth at front of the gap with a distal female connector. Long term success rate - poor. I wouldn't do it.

Vote:
Solution

Ask a Question