Bad breath, broken tooth

Hey,

So, going back roughly 5 years ago, half of one of my back left molars broke. Half of the tooth is still there, but the other half is exposed gum/pieces of the tooth. Fortunately, this never caused me any pain, bad breath or anything similar, until recently. Starting from just a few days ago, the tooth has had a pretty nasty smell. I am still not experiencing any pain, but it is just resulting in me having bad breath. I have been brushing my teeth several times a day/after each meal, avoiding soda, etc.

I have gone as far as applying tooth paste directly to the tooth and rubbing it around that way instead of just flying over it with a brush, hoping to eliminate the smell, but with no luck. I know Googling things like this will most likely not help, but from everything I have read, I don't know what it could be. Most common things I see online should also have me in pain.

I am 18 (Not overly sure if that is relevant to the situation) and haven't been to the dentist in a long time. Even just the idea of a dentist gets me anxious, so the idea of actually having work done freaks me out, haha.

Doggy,

Pain does not always correlate with the severity of tooth damage.
For example, once the nerve inside the tooth dies, there will no longer be pain on the tooth itself.
However, if the tooth is left alone without a treatment, the surrounding gum/bone may develop a problem as a result.
I would strongly recommend visiting a dentist for an assessment and treatment.
In regards to your anxiety, sedation is a great option to keep you comfortable during treatments.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vote:
The tooth is infected you can try MMS chlorine dioxide and dip brush in that twice a day will take down the smell and infection till you find a dentist.

Vote:

Ask a Question