Are my teeth sticking out after braces?

Hello, I got my braces removed today after 3 and a half years of getting them (got them when I was 23)...I was so happy about getting them off but now that I actually stopped and really looked at my teeth on the side they look extremely flared, shouldn't they be more perpendicular?:/ they look fine when looking at the front. I never had protuding teeth, they were overcrowded and one of my canines was up. Is this normal? Am I just overreacting?
I'm going to get my retainers tomorrow, I'm really sad because I don't think there's anything that can be done now that they are off but I just wanted to know someone else's opinion on the matter..Thank you in advance. Side view:
i35k6e.jpg
Smile front with braces:
23hvt3m.jpg
smile front without braces:
2i1m39h.jpg

Hello, I got my braces removed today after 3 and a half years of getting them (got them when I was 23)...I was so happy about getting them off but now that I actually stopped and really looked at my teeth on the side they look extremely flared, shouldn't they be more perpendicular?:/ they look fine when looking at the front. I never had protuding teeth, they were overcrowded and one of my canines was up. Is this normal? Am I just overreacting?
I'm going to get my retainers tomorrow, I'm really sad because I don't think there's anything that can be done now that they are off but I just wanted to know someone else's opinion on the matter..Thank you in advance. Side view:
i35k6e.jpg
Smile front with braces:
23hvt3m.jpg
smile front without braces:
2i1m39h.jpg
my son just got his braces off yesterday. His teeth looked exactly like yours, straight but flared out. I did tell our orthodotist my concers. His answer was because my son had very crowded teeth, even with 2 teeth extracted still. I am going back next week to fix this. I don't like this! Did u go back to your orthodontist?

Vote:

Ask a Question