Any issues here?

I had these taken about two weeks ago when I noticed a small bump on the seam of the gum meeting the inner lip. The location of the bump is around the root of the canine, but I don't think anything appeared on this x-ray. My dentist said there's nothing showing any problems in these images. He also said that the bump/sore is not fixated on a certain tooth and moves around. I should note that the bump does not cause pain even when I push it in. Can anyone here she's insight?

Attachments

• Rolo_Nicholas-PA-May262023.JPG
    Rolo_Nicholas-PA-May262023.JPG
    126.3 KB · Views: 15
  • Rolo_Nicholas-PA2-May262023.JPG
    Rolo_Nicholas-PA2-May262023.JPG
    104.4 KB · Views: 14

MattKW

Verified Dentist
Solutions
If you think you are seeing an abscess at the apex on far left tooth, it is easily tested by using a cold test by the dentist. I don't see anything.

Vote:
If you think you are seeing an abscess at the apex on far left tooth, it is easily tested by using a cold test by the dentist. I don't see anything.
Apex? What is a cold test? Sorry I should clarify....the bump I found is at the bottom of the tooth with the super long root, I'm just worried about that dark spot at the very root of that tooth on the far left as well

Vote:
Based on the information provided, the bump you noticed may not be visible on the x-ray and your dentist didn't find any issues. Since it doesn't cause pain and moves around, it could be a minor irritation or a benign condition.
Is there any way to know for sure? I'm a hypocondriac and I'm freaking out still over a week later......I called my dentist again this past week and he reiterated that I do not need another xray because it is not infection. He said he has strong reason for believing it could be something viral or just irritation. Should I get another opinion or trust my dentist I've had for my whole life?

Vote:

Ask a Question