Advice on bicuspid-PHOTO

I am concerned that my dentist may be doing unnecessary work. She told me that I need a lot of work on this tooth and possibly a root canal. I have absolutely no pain and never have. There is also NO visible damage or decay or anything anywhere on this tooth. Any advice would be appreciated!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 465
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 526
It looks like you have a large area of decay on that tooth (#5) and the tooth behind it (#4) Pain is not necessarily experienced on all teeth with decay. Once the decay is removed the dentist will know for sure if you need a root canal or not.

Vote:
I am concerned that my dentist may be doing unnecessary work. She told me that I need a lot of work on this tooth and possibly a root canal. I have absolutely no pain and never have. There is also NO visible damage or decay or anything anywhere on this tooth. Any advice would be appreciated!!
for more precise diognosis in such suspicious cases,a tooth graphy is required which includes the whole image of the tooth,i mean either root and crown.in some cases the existance of cyst with no pain and irritation will be the prove for root canale treatment

Vote:

DTS

I do not see major dkay in your tooth #5. Looks like you have possible start of the cavity on a distal surface that is not enough to even fill at this point. You have start of the cavity ot he tooth #4 mesial and cavity on the distal surface of the same #4 tooth that needs feeling, you also need a crown for the tooth #30 . You might want to consider closing space between #5 and 6 if it bothers you cosmetically. If it's asimptomatic, I'd not touch #4 at this point. Try second opinion. Good luck.

Vote:

Ask a Question