Looking for some advice

I am months pregnant and have awful jaw ache in my lower jaw at times it is unbearable. I am petrified of the dentist I don't have great teeth genetically and last time a visited a dentist she told me she needed to remove quite a few of my teeth but wouldn't replace them with anything to be told I'd be left with nothing only made my fear worse and now im worried I'm taking to much paracetamol and ibruprophn and may be harming my baby.

I am months pregnant and have awful jaw ache in my lower jaw at times it is unbearable. I am petrified of the dentist I don't have great teeth genetically and last time a visited a dentist she told me she needed to remove quite a few of my teeth but wouldn't replace them with anything to be told I'd be left with nothing only made my fear worse and now im worried I'm taking to much paracetamol and ibruprophn and may be harming my baby.

If you're pregnant and unsure if those medications/dosages are harmful to your child then you shouldn't take them without consulting your PCP first.
Take care of your problems step by step - contact your doctor and let them know your situation that way they can prescribe you something that isn't harmful to your child that will help manage the pain.
Secondly - you HAVE to see a dentist. You could have something minor like a cavity that needs to be filled or it could be something more serious like a root canal, either way you need to see a professional.
Keep in mind they can't perform ANYTHING without your consent so you can go to a local dentist and see what the problem is. If you're skeptical about what they say then go get a second opinion. When the time comes that you do need some dental work done, they'll take care of you to ensure you don't feel any pain or discomfort.

Vote:

Ask a Question