2nd opinion on my daughter's teeth

I was hoping to get a second opinion for my daughters teeth. I have x-rays. My daughter is 12. Her ortho wants to pull teeth C and H. I understand C needs to be pulled and an implant put in. My concern is that he wants to pull H (which might actually be 11) because he is not sure if it is a big tooth or little tooth and wants to add an implant. I am hestitant to extract this tooth. He says that I am not thinking of her overall looks, but I am just not that comfortable pulling a good tooth because he is not clear if it's a big tooth or baby tooth. He says if does fall in 10 years she will have to get braces all over again - that seems crazy to me.

I was born with missing teeth as well and had two bridges and then on one side I did get implants a year an a half ago. They will have to come out because I got an infection and it's not taking. I have spent $100,000's on my teeth and they have been a nightmare. I just want to make sure that I am doing the best thing for her. She does grind her teeth, the implants would be going where there is missing teeth, our family has a history of autoimmune disease (i have never had her checked) so the implants are not a sure thing as everyone keeps telling me.

I am not against what he is recommending I just would like some thought as to pulling a perfectly good tooth and doing an implant.
I really appreciate you looking at this.

Ask a Question