Reaction

Hi,

I had a funny reaction possibly to the gas (laughing) that they give and I was wondering if anyone has had a similar experience.

I had 2 fillings done today and I had the laughing gas. I have had the gas a couple other times and it was great. I felt very relaxed and kind of tingly. Today however, I never got that tingly feeling. I actually felt a pretty anxious, my heart was beating fast, and after the appointment, I noticed my head was a little sweaty. I noticed a couple things that were different from my previous experiences.
1. I had a new dentist and assistant that I hadn't seen before.
2. They administered it differently. This time they I had one of the partner dentists and they only turned the gas on when he was in the room. So it started about the time he gave the numbing shot which didn't help much.
3. They asked me a couple times, if I could feel the gas (I think they could tell I was anxious) and I said no so they said they were going to turn it up. At the end they said it was as high as they were allowed to go.
4. The appointment took 1.5 hours. The assistant even commented on how the dentist was very thorough.
5. They did stop during each filling to give me an extra numbing shot because it was still painful.

When I went to stand up after they were done, I almost fell over and the assistant caught my arm and told me to sit down and gave me some more oxygen. It wasn't really a bad experience, just a little embarrassing and I was wondering if I maybe had to much gas? Maybe a bad batch? Something else?

Ask a Question