Alergic reaction to Bonding materials

I had my lower front teeth bonded to smooth out edges. Since then I have experienced itchy teeth and gums, chalky taste and feel on my teeth, inflamation of gums and it is driving me crazy. Anyone else having or havw had similar experiences?

Redness, soreness, inflammation of the surrounding gums where the cement is placed on the tooth. It hurts to floss around that tooth. I kept going back to the dentist to complain the soreness, redness and inflammation but they assumed it was a root infection (long story but not relevant to this topic). I was the one who figured this out myself...the dentist had no idea (she was more familiar with other types of allergy such as nickel, etc.). I insisted they switch out to non-Eugenol products but they don't keep them in stock so I had to wait longer to switch out the cement. It took a couple weeks for the gums to return to normal color.

Vote:

Ask a Question