allergic reaction after Clove oil and mouthwash

I have been treated for a dry socket with clove oil and corsodyl mouthwash. Since then I have got a red swollen right side of the inside of my mouth which apparently is covered in ulcers according to the dentist.. Has anyone had this before and what did you do? I am in so much pain and was just told to go away and come back in 7 days. Thanks

Zuri Barniv

Verified Dentist
Dry sockets require almost daily attention by the dentist for those 7 days. The swelling and pain probably have nothing to do with the clove oil (I cannot know that for sure, but it is unlikely). You need to get more attention to this problem by the dentist. Are you seeing an oral surgeon or a general dentist?
Dr. Barniv

Vote:
Thanks for your reply. A general dentist, the dry socket is now resolved. I have been to the doctors today and have been given antibiotics. I did find something on another forum from people who have experienced the same with clove oil, perhaps too much was used as seems very strong

Vote:

Ask a Question