Will My Gap Teeth Close with Age

I'm a 16y/o male and I have about a 3mm gap in my front teeth. I've been researching about tooth bonding and that kind of thing. But i was just wondering if my gap teeth would close up because of my age or nah.

Solutions
They may well because your wisdom teeth might come through. You'd do as well to wait until after you're 21 and then go for bonding if you're still unhappy. Best not to do anything to natural teeth if you can help it because even with bonding the enamel has to be scored with acid to give a surface that the composite can adhere to. Bonding can also stain over a longer time. Cosmetic work is never quite what you expect. It's only delightful if your teeth are falling apart because then it's an immediate improvement. Otherwise there is always a trade off for appearance.
Having said that I did have cosmetic bonding to close a very similar gap when I was in my early 20s. I was very happy with the results but it did start to stain a bit after less than a year. It wasn't noticeable but it just wasn't as white as before. They have better composite now that doesn't stain so much and is stronger. But what felt weird was that the front of the teeth were no longer shiny like before because the dentist seemed to extend the bond to the whole front. My biggest regret is that I replaced the bonding with veneers on the dentist's advice. That was a big mistake.

Vote:
Are all of your permanent teeth in? 3mm is pretty large. You should have 16 teeth on top and 16 on the lower arch including wisdom teeth). That kind of space is usually a space discrepancy. Have you had a panorex xray to determine if you have an over-retained baby tooth and an un-erupted permanent tooth? Might want to get a consult with an orthodontist and determine the real cause of this space discrepancy.

Vote:

Ask a Question