Whitening

Hello everyone :)

So I’m doing a weeks course of whitening just to top up as I last had it done 6-7months ago and I’m getting married at the weekend.
So mine is 10% carbamide peroxide in a loaded syringe and I put rice size bits onto my retainer and wear over night as usual.

Now, how strict do I actually need to be realistically? As online it’s saying white bread only and to cut crusts off etc all my with all the other do’s and dont’s and to me that just seems so extreme and I won’t lie I do love my food also I think that was more aimed at people who get the one time treatment done at the dentist.
So with my treatment how strict do I really need to be? My teeth are already whiter than average from last time and I’ll be putting it on every night for 7 days.

Thanks
All advice appreciated

MattKW

Verified Dentist
Solutions
  • Avoid red wine and black coffee.
  • There's no need to put rice in your retainer to make space for the gel - a disproven idea.
  • The gel loses most effectiveness after 1.5 hours, so wearing overnight is OK but for faster result wear it during daytime and change every 1.5 hrs.
  • There is a limit beyond which your teeth will not get whiter.
  • Any subsequent course will have a quicker result than the initial course.

Vote:

Ask a Question