What type of work on my teeth might I need?

Hi so it's late at night right now and I can't sleep because I'm paranoid because I'm really worried that I might have to have expensive work on my teeth and being a teenager who lives with their parents still i don't want to burden them like that! I haven't been brushing my teeth for two years I know really horrible I'm irresponsible and I know I screwed up but right now I don't want to focus on that.

Last time I went to the dentist I can't remember how long ago probably half a year ago. My dentist told me I had no cavities but I had plaque and tartar was building up. She used a hook shaped tool and scraped a lot off and went on with what I assume to be a pretty standard cleaning. I think she also mentioned I had gingivitis about a year ago. I never understood really how serious these things could be and my dentist was so relaxed about it I never really felt worried. She never told my parents that I needed to do anything about my gingivitis she just told me to brush my teeth.

So now I noticed a very tiny brownish dot on one of my molars. I feel a very light throb on it that I never even noticed it untill now. the dot is smaller then the tip of a toothpick for reference.

Should I be worried about this?

I also noticed that my gums bleed although as far as I remember they have always bled at every dentist appt. so I never thought much of it

Being paranoid I looked at my teeth and at the back of the bottom row of my teeth I noticed a thin white line at the place where the gums meet my teeth. I read that this is tartar is this true? I tried to scrape it off but all I did was nick my gums with my finger nail and make it bleed

I also feel like my gums receded at bit, maybe.

So I'm not sure I don't know I thing about teeth. Right now I'm thinking I'm gonna need my teeth throughly cleaned and have the tarter removed and my cavity looked at and dealt with Im hopping that it's not a serious cavity and just beginning. But after this I'm definitely going to take way better care of my teeth. My teeth seem to be pretty normal looking though I don't have any obvious cavities and the tartar is so little I barely even noticed it, not like in some pictures I've seen where the tarter is a few mm wide and sometimes looks like it covers half of the tooth. I read about a pretty intense looking cleaning where they clean the tartar from under the gums. Is it possible that my cavity is really bad in the tooth and I just can't see it and do you think I need an expensive cleaning to get rid of the tartar?

Sorry if this is pretty long I know next to nothing about teeth hopefully someone who knows more can help

Ask a Question