I need some info on a type of repair i have

Discussion in 'Cosmetic Dentistry' started by jeff fetzer, Dec 7, 2017.

  1. jeff fetzer

    jeff fetzer

    Dec 7, 2017
    Likes Received:
    I am 50, had braces in my teens. It is an old repair. May not have been new at that time.

    I have a ribbon type material wrapped around my teeth, may be cosmetic or to hold a bridge in place. The ribbon is covered by some type of resin coating. Kinda feels like a cover coat that may be molded.

    The repair has loosened and failed. My teeth feel soft like they are in a bag. The ribbon has unraveled with great speed and force. It could not escape the cover coat or bag on my teeth so it pushed into my cheek, chin and neck. It's in my body.

    I spent a few days in the hospital due to infection, I need help, I don't know what to call this type of repair. Ever heard of such a thing? At a loss and out of sorts...please help me.
    jeff fetzer, Dec 7, 2017
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.