What is this in my lower molar? Ive had it for a while but I cant tell what it could be.

A808C196-1459-4FD4-812C-62EFE3EFF681.jpeg

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Without x-rays, it's hard to guess. It could be the close location of your wisdom teeth or hyper-keratinized tissue due to constant trauma and irritation.

Vote:
Without x-rays, it's hard to guess. It could be the close location of your wisdom teeth or hyper-keratinized tissue due to constant trauma and irritation.
I’ve had my wisdom teeth taken out already. But I constantly bite down in my cheek and I can feel pressure on that area.

This is what it looks like today.

Attachments

• DA125273-CFA9-4D6F-9041-D52DC906991C.jpeg
    DA125273-CFA9-4D6F-9041-D52DC906991C.jpeg
    73.5 KB · Views: 13

Vote:

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Solutions
I’ve had my wisdom teeth taken out already. But I constantly bite down in my cheek and I can feel pressure on that area.

This is what it looks like today.
I think it is the tissue's response to trauma like scarring. Be aware that if you irritate it too much (physical trauma and chemical irritation), there could be a potential for the traumatized area to make abnormal tissue to protect itself and become pre-cancerous.

Vote:
I think it is the tissue's response to trauma like scarring. Be aware that if you irritate it too much (physical trauma and chemical irritation), there could be a potential for the traumatized area to make abnormal tissue to protect itself and become pre-cancerous.
Ok. Would the area start to look really white and gross or woukdbitbjust get worse than what it looks like? Pictures on Google are hard to compare.

Vote:
I showed my dentist about this picture , he said White color on extraction site is normal untill Your gum had a rised area with white lesion like fungus over bread . You may never get the pale pinkish color on that extraction site . .

It is normal in his words , untill there is a sudden soreness occurs .

Regarding pain he suggest to visit a dentist

Vote:
I showed my dentist about this picture , he said White color on extraction site is normal untill Your gum had a rised area with white lesion like fungus over bread . You may never get the pale pinkish color on that extraction site . .

It is normal in his words , untill there is a sudden soreness occurs .

Regarding pain he suggest to visit a dentist
Ok, thank you! That really helps me out alot. I'm a hypochondriac so I freak out at the littlest things. Thanks again!

Vote:
Here is a person after 3 months of 2 wisdom teeth extraction .

No need to worry and do not irritate the area by mean of Touching too much with your fingers , or streching the cheek . This will cause FEELING OF PAIN etc

Sometimes complete healing bone level ( teeth socket) takes year or more .

After extraction various facts or anatomy like capillaries Granalution tissue etc changes occures so Not to worry

Advice , After 6 month of extraction go for a comprehensive dental examination with an OPG xray or IOPAR

20220523_152604.jpg
20220523_152748.jpg

Last edited:

Vote:
Here is a person after 3 months of 2 wisdom teeth extraction .

No need to worry and do not irritate the area by mean of Touching too much with your fingers , or streching the cheek . This will cause FEELING OF PAIN etc

Sometimes complete healing bone level ( teeth socket) takes year or more .

After extraction various facts or anatomy like capillaries Granalution tissue etc changes occures so Not to worry

Advice , After 6 month of extraction go for a comprehensive dental examination with an OPG xray or IOPAR

View attachment 5036View attachment 5037
Ok. I got them taken out when I was 15 and I'm 26 now. So that's got to be what is going on then. Because there isn't any pain.

Vote:

Ask a Question