What is dental hygienist?

What is dental hygienist? are dentist and dental hygienists is a different profession. you may find this post boring but i really don't know i am from computers background.

A registered dental hygienist (RDH) is a licensed dental professional who specializes in preventive oral health, typically focusing on techniques in oral hygiene. Local dental regulations determine the scope of practice of dental hygienists.

Dental hygienists clean teeth, examine patients for oral diseases such as gingivitis, and provide other preventative dental care. They also educate patients on ways to improve and maintain good oral health.

Vote:
Dental Hygienists perform functions that help prevent gum disease and dental caries (i.e. prophylaxis, scaling, fluoride treatments). Dentists can also perform these functions but typically spend their time restoring broken down teeth with fillings, crowns, implants, ect...

Vote:

Ask a Question