Veneers, bridges and space

Discussion in 'Cosmetic Dentistry' started by Apt0385, Feb 7, 2018.

1. Apt0385

Apt0385

Hi guys! I’ve had extensive work on my top teeth. I have veneers and a lot of bridge work. I’ve had these for almost 20 years. Within the past year, I’ve noticed that my gums have started receding. I now have a space between my tooth (that’s a bridge) and I’m extremely self confident about it. When I smile, it literally looks like I have a black pepper piece in my mouth. My dentist isn’t concerned about it. As long as it’s not causing a problem, then no reason to fix it. But it does cause a problem to my self confidence.
    Does anyone in the dental field have any advice about this? Is there anything I can do at home to hopefully get the gums to come back down?

Attached Files:

Apt0385, Feb 7, 2018
    1. Advertisements

2. Apt0385

Busybee

That's a shame, they look really nice. I'm not a dentist so I am not sure whether they can stick some filling material onto it, but I would say try not to feel self conscious because they look really good especially for 20 years +. Other people really don't notice these things as much as it seems.

Busybee, Feb 9, 2018
    Apt0385 likes this.
    1. Advertisements

3. Apt0385

Apt0385

Thank you so much for the reply. I’ve tried my best to take care of them.

Apt0385, Feb 9, 2018
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question