Use of a Round Burr in Extractions?

Do some oral surgeons use a round burr for loosening teeth in complicated extractions? My #46 came out in one piece but I felt heavy vibrations and one of the tools used looked like this.

Zahnbohrer_38_Ausschnitt_Text.JPG

Solution
They do sometime use a round bur, to remove some bone, in order to create a leverage point to facilitate an easier extractions.

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
They do sometime use a round bur, to remove some bone, in order to create a leverage point to facilitate an easier extractions.

Vote:
Solution
My interpretation: used to remove bone during extraction of tooth 46. The vibrations were very heavy.

My mouth was kept open with a mouth prop on the left-hand side. The rebound of the hard rubber must have damaged some teeth.

Tooth 21 showed symptoms of pulpitis 4-5 days later (and was unsuccessfully endodontically treated), and tooth 36 (no restorations) has been acting up for a month now...to the point that I can't sleep anymore.

Will see an endodontist next week. My take: extract if there is any sign of pulpitis...tooth 36 has to take so much stress that RCT and crown won't last long.

Vote:

Ask a Question