Trouble with dentures

I had 26 teeth pulled which only left 4 on bottom. I got a full set of dentures on top and partial on bottom. It's been more than 48 hours and my gums are still bleeding. I can't wear the dentures because it hurts to bad and they don't fit. The top sticks out very far making me have a big overbite. I went back to the dentist today. They filed the denture down some but it looks the same. They told me the bleeding is normal and to keep the dentures in. When I do the bleeding is worse as is the pain. They said they couldn't file the denture down anymore or it would break. I look ridiculous with them in. I haven't eaten anything in almost 3 days I'm still bleeding and in pain and they say there is nothing they can do. Has anyone else experienced anything like this and any advice on what to do. Thank you.

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Unfortunately immediate dentures (making dentures before teeth extraction) does not fit accurately. The denture technician removes the teeth from the model and "guesses" how the bone and gums will situate after extractions. All of this should have been communicated with you at the consultation visit. After 4 to 6 months when your bone and gums heal and stabilizes, you can have a reline or remake a more accurate fitting denture (at additional costs).

Vote:

Ask a Question