Top Right Teeth Sinking Down??

Hello! I was flossing my teeth the other night and pulled back my cheek to reach a top molar, and i noticed my teeth were doing this. I just went to the dentist a couple weeks ago for the first time since i was 17 (no insurance and being poor) I’m currently 24 y/o, and I'm scheduled to get root canals, fillings, and a gum cleaning soon, but they did not mention this to me at all! To be fair, my dentist came in and did not say a word to me besides “open”. I've always had bad teeth, constant tooth aches when i was little, and my first root canal at 7. I had my bottom right molar pulled at 13. I’ve always brushed my teeth, though flossing is a new habit. Any idea what is causing my teeth to do this? I’m not sure how long my teeth have done this, and it’s making me very anxious. Thank you for any help!! last photo is my left side.

Attachments

• IMG_4915.jpeg
    IMG_4915.jpeg
    133.9 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_4912.jpeg
    IMG_4912.jpeg
    179.6 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_4917.jpeg
    IMG_4917.jpeg
    185.2 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_4918.jpeg
    IMG_4918.jpeg
    193.4 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_4920.jpeg
    IMG_4920.jpeg
    139.7 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_4916.jpeg
    IMG_4916.jpeg
    138.5 KB · Views: 3
I'm sorry to hear about your dental concerns, but I'm glad you're taking steps to address them by incorporating flossing into your routine and seeking dental care despite challenges.
From the images you've shared, it appears that your teeth might be showing signs of wear or erosion, possibly due to various factors such as acid reflux, teeth grinding (bruxism), or even dietary habits. It's essential to discuss this with your dentist during your upcoming appointments to ensure they thoroughly assess your oral health and provide appropriate treatment recommendations.
As a dental professional, I understand the importance of addressing concerns like this comprehensively. At ADI Dental, we prioritize patient education and proactive care to help you achieve and maintain optimal oral health. Don't hesitate to reach out to us for personalized guidance and support on your dental journey. [https://www.adi.dental/]

Vote:

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
It does sound like you have some orthodontic issues, perhaps caused ( but not exclusively) by the early loss of the molar. If you lose a molar, the opposing tooth tends to over-erupt over time. This could lead to the skew curve that you noticed. The only way to fix this is with some sort of orthodontic intervention.

Vote:

Ask a Question