toothacheba year after a root canal

Hi,
I need help with a question please. I had a root canal 14 months ago. Two days ago I woke up with severe pain in that same tooth wich seems to be causing the tooth next to it to hurt as well. My gums around the tooth do not appear to be swollen but are red and bleed a little. It is one of my top front teeth it hurts to bite down and chew. And the pain gets worse at night when I lay down and seems to give me a headache as well. I'm taking exta strength Tylenol as i'am allergic to NSAIDs. Which usually Tylenol always helps my headaches and such but in this case is not helping. So my question is should this be hurting a year later after the root canal? I appreciate any answers I could get!!! Thanks!!!

Root canals have a very high success rate but it is possible for them to fail. Sometimes they can be re-retreated, but in some instances the tooth must be removed. No, it's not normal for your tooth to still be hurting after 14 months. An x-ray would be needed to determine whether or not the tooth has become re-infected.

Vote:

Ask a Question