Tooth abscess or gum disease ?

I did let my teeth go during a bad marriage but have been brushing twice a day with a high end soniccare and high fluoride toothpaste as well as fluoride dental rinse.

This pain started on Saturday and has waxed and waned. The pain is just the gum and irritation. There is no pain when chewing or drinking something cold

There was 0 pain yesterday

I was scheduled for a root canal on different tooth next week. I called the endodontist office and described symptoms .. they said doesn’t sound like tooth related . But they said they can do root canal if needed at my appointment

Called my general dentist .. he can see me Thursday .. but their office said unsure if tooth related ?

Just really confused. Could this be gum irritation from overbrushing and overuse of alcohol mouthwash ?

Attachments

• 47732FC9-311A-44DC-AAB3-821751E7F5F1.jpeg
    47732FC9-311A-44DC-AAB3-821751E7F5F1.jpeg
    113.9 KB · Views: 14

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Good day

Difficult to see on the photo. To rule out a dental abscess a clinical exam and peri-apical x-ray is required.

Vote:

Ask a Question