TMJ/TMD or tooth ache

ok so last night i started to notice some slight pain in lower left jaw. the jaw on the lower left side of my mouth,now on that side of my mouth i have all of my upper teeth on the left side, but on the lower left side i only have 2 molars, and then my front choppy teeth that sit in front of my 2 remaining molars.now below are details on the pain im just anxious nervous and freaking out over this pain

now sometimes it feels like the pain comes/originates from the back part of my lower left jaw where there is no teeth and sometimes it feels like the pain comes/originates from the last molar left on the side.

i do have a poping and or a clicking noise when i chew food not sure if its popping or clicking but i can deff hear it when i eat and chew

the pain comes and goes. when the pain does come it doesnt last more then a few seconds to maybe a min or 2, then the pain goes away.

my mouth does not look or feel swollen nor does it look or feel infected. the pain i feel isnt your normal tooth ache pain the comes and lasts for hours on end this pain is spontaneous. also hot weather seems to start the pain but like i said before the pain only last a very very short while if that.

i dont brush my teeth as well as i should but im trying my best. also as far as i can tell pressure applied to the tooth as well as biting down on the tooth while eating doesnt seem to cause the pain as far as i can tell

lastly i cant call my dentist till Monday and the likelihood of them being able to get me in the day or even the week that i call them isnt hopeful

do you guys think i have TMD/TMJ or do you think i have a toothache?

last time i saw the dentist back in febuary all they said was i needed a deep cleaning they said nothing about cavities altho they did wanna pull 2 teen just because they said it would be easier to clean

sorry for the long post any ideas whats causing this random sporadic pain?

edit paion is only localized to the one area/side/part of my mouth once in a blue moon i will feel the pain shift to the same area on the right side of my lower jaw but that is rare

seems rather odd for a tooth ache to produce pain in an area of my jaw that has no teeth in it which leads me to suspect TMJ edit forgot to add i feel no pain when i open my jaw/mouth altho sometimes if i apply pressure to eht area og my mouth at the back of my jawe i feel slight pain but theres no tteth there

Ask a Question