Surgeon won't pull....."dark area" under tooth.

Hi---I am in pain with a molar. The oral surgeon said it looks good and won't pull it until he figures out that area where my finger is. Those white wavy lines are supposed to be all the way down. He says there are none there and it has to be explored. Via more imaging. However, I am not so sure why he insists! Has anyone seen anything like this? I can tell it's the tooth! It had fillings, etc. I can feel it! Has anyone had a dark area there? He says it could be anything from normal me to infections to a blood vessel , etc.......Any info appreciated.

WIN_20180505_14_09_26_Pro.jpg

MattKW

Verified Dentist
Solutions
So, you're saying that he wants to remove the 1st molar due to some pain you're having? What's wrong with the tooth, and why does it have to be extracted rather than RCT? A dark area about where you're indicating is usually the depression for the submandibular salivary gland, but everybody knows that.

Vote:
So, you're saying that he wants to remove the 1st molar due to some pain you're having? What's wrong with the tooth, and why does it have to be extracted rather than RCT? A dark area about where you're indicating is usually the depression for the submandibular salivary gland, but everybody knows that.
Thank you for the reply! Yes, I was sure he was fishing for more scans. No, I was looking to get it pulled. He said he could not because that dark area could be a big problem. That was when I got suspicious.

The dentist who took the xray did not say anything. This man is an oral surgeon. So he said no pulling unless he could take more scans of that area. ugh.......this tooth is hurting me and I want it out.

But Why would he tell me he had to investigate that if it's a no brainer? Just for the money? He is already rich, being an oral surgeon for a long time.......

Last edited:

Vote:

Ask a Question