Sore tooth after pop

Hello, today I pressed my tongue against the back of one of my incisors that has a crown on it, and felt a small pop. This was immediately followed by light soreness that has not gone away in the past 3 hours. It also has not gotten worst. What could it be that happened? I feel no sharp pain if I touch the tooth or eat on it.

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Solutions
It is difficult to diagnose. You may need to visit your dentist and get an image. Was the tooth root canal treated? Any recurrent cavities under the crown? Did you have a history of trauma on the tooth? Do you have gum disease, bone damage, and or gum attachment loss? Do you have a history of grinding and or clenching? Sorry, I have a lot of unknowns.

Vote:
It is difficult to diagnose. You may need to visit your dentist and get an image. Was the tooth root canal treated? Any recurrent cavities under the crown? Did you have a history of trauma on the tooth? Do you have gum disease, bone damage, and or gum attachment loss? Do you have a history of grinding and or clenching? Sorry, I have a lot of unknowns.
No cavities under he crown, and no trauma. I have had a root canal done on it, no gum disease, no bone damage or gum attachme t loss. And no history of clenching

Vote:

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Does the crown seem loose or mobile? You may have lost the seal between the crown and the tooth. Try to get it check or you may have contaminants leaking into your tooth.

Vote:

Ask a Question