Sore tooth after hygienist appointment.

Solutions
I had a hygienist appointment yesterday. My first in a while due to the pandemic. It was with a new hygienist and she had to do quite a bit of scraping around 1 tooth (at the front).

I've never had sore teeth after an appointment before (and it wasn't sore before the appointment) but now when I bite food it hurts a bit and feels a little sore when I brush my teeth.

Neither my hygienist nor dentist said anything was wrong during or after the cleaning and appointment.

So is it likely this is just temporary discomfort and will go in 2-3 days or something I should be concerned about?

Thanks.

Solutions
It hurt to bite into an apple today which it never has done before. Is this possibly just bruising etc that will go in a few days?!

Will do a warm salt water rinse tonight and see if that helps.

Would really appreciate any thoughts or advice.

Last edited:

Vote:

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Good day

It might be a good idea to go back to your dentist, especially if the discomfort persists, so that they can take an x-ray of the affected tooth, to rule out any other problems.

Vote:
Solutions
Thanks for your response. It's feeling a bit better so far today. I'll keep an eye on it over the next 2-3 days and if not better I'll go back to the dentist.

Thankyou again.

Vote:

Ask a Question