Should My Upper Wisdom tooth be removed?

See the attached Image.

Ok so here is my case. I am currently being treated by this dentist A, who told me that i needed 4 Root Canals and 2 Extractions! In the X Ray pic, he wrote which ones needs to be extracted and which require RCT. Currently, he has done root canal on lower( 57 in pic). The tooth 6 extraction right side is cracked, it has previously being root canaled, in 2009, but it failed. It has now abscess infection. Dentist A told me it should be extracted. So I went to Dentist B, to get a second opinion. He told me that what 'A' told me about 4 root canals to be done, are wrong. He said simple fillings would suffice. And the failed root canal tooth can be, and should be saved re treatment of root canal. However he also said that left top Wisdom tooth must need to be extracted as well, something A didn't mention anything about it! So I went for 3rd opinion. He said what B said. Only fillings would have done the job and 4 root canal was a waste. And he also said, about saving the tooth, and extraction of wisdom.

1, How can Dentist A be so incompetent or he was just being greedy? What do you think is right, by looking at the xray pic? Dentist A vs B,C?

2, Should my wisdom tooth left upper be removed, as suggested by B and C ? Will it affect my normal Biting and chewing in any way? Having a natural tooth being extracted is so unfortunate.

3, Can the tooth can be saved by re treatment of root canal(as suggested by B & C) or needs to be extracted(as suggested by A) ?

Attachments

• scan0049.jpg
    scan0049.jpg
    162 KB · Views: 506
See the attached Image.

Ok so here is my case. I am currently being treated by this dentist A, who told me that i needed 4 Root Canals and 2 Extractions! In the X Ray pic, he wrote which ones needs to be extracted and which require RCT. Currently, he has done root canal on lower( 57 in pic). The tooth 6 extraction right side is cracked, it has previously being root canaled, in 2009, but it failed. It has now abscess infection. Dentist A told me it should be extracted. So I went to Dentist B, to get a second opinion. He told me that what 'A' told me about 4 root canals to be done, are wrong. He said simple fillings would suffice. And the failed root canal tooth can be, and should be saved re treatment of root canal. However he also said that left top Wisdom tooth must need to be extracted as well, something A didn't mention anything about it! So I went for 3rd opinion. He said what B said. Only fillings would have done the job and 4 root canal was a waste. And he also said, about saving the tooth, and extraction of wisdom.

1, How can Dentist A be so incompetent or he was just being greedy? What do you think is right, by looking at the xray pic? Dentist A vs B,C?

2, Should my wisdom tooth left upper be removed, as suggested by B and C ? Will it affect my normal Biting and chewing in any way? Having a natural tooth being extracted is so unfortunate.

3, Can the tooth can be saved by re treatment of root canal(as suggested by B & C) or needs to be extracted(as suggested by A) ?
1: what i think dentist B is right. no need of RCT of lower 5 and 7. just simple fillings are required.
2: i dont think ur upper left wisdom tooth needs to be extracted. whats wrong in it? its fully erupted, no sort of infection over there, sound structure, giving no problem in occlusion.. no need to extract it. ask Dentist B why he wants to remove it?
3: yes it can be saved by re treatment of root canal. but u need to have a crown over there after RCT

Vote:

Ask a Question