Retainer Brace

Hi. I had braces fitted 15 years ago, I then was given a retainer to wear. I wore this for a few year then I stopped wearing it. Recently I have noticed my teeth have moved and are not straight any more, I decided to wear the retainer over night, it was quite tight but it did go on. However, when I woke this morning my front teeth are slightly wobbly.
My question is, can I still wear my retainer even though I haven’t worn it for nearly 10 years? Also, should my teeth be wobbling? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Good day

The retainer does not fit anymore and is now actually acting like an orthodontic appliance, causing your teeth to try and move back to its original position, leading to slight mobility.
I would not advise continue doing this without a consult with your dentist or orthodontist. Too much force in the wrong direction could cause damage to your teeth and/or their nerves

Vote:

Ask a Question