Redness and Ulcers Under and On Tongue

Solutions
Hello,

I am a 21 year old female who does not smoke and only occasionally drinks alcohol. I do not have any conditions such as HPV.

I have found several ulcers under my tongue. They do seem to be getting better. Today, I noticed that there is a red patch on the floor of my mouth under my tongue. You will also notice that the ulcers have caused some redness and are symmetrically on both sides of my tongue in a curved line.

I am going to the dentist this Thursday, but can't stop worrying about this and would like to know if it seems concerning. Is this erythroplakia? (You may also notice redness on the roof of my mouth. That is a retainer and is not the tissue of my mouth.)

IMG_2690.jpg

Solutions
I am assuming that I bit my tongue, thus the ulcers in a curved line. I am more concerned about the redness under my tongue.

I will add that I sometimes have to reach my tongue back to the top far sides of my teeth and it causes some straining and irritation under my tongue. I've just never noticed redness like this in addition to ulcers like that.

Vote:

Ask a Question