Question! (Help)

Hi! So I often get canker sores, they are painful but it's just something i've learned to deal with. Well when one showed up on my gum, I didn't think much of it. Until it started hurting more often than other canker sores i've had. Usually it's just painful when eating, but with this one its almost always painful. I am starting to wonder if it is an abscess gum and not a canker sore? I don't want to end up going into the dentist for a just a canker sore, I really do not have the money for that. However if it is an abscess gum I will have to go in. It is located on my bottom gum on the left side of my mouth. ---- Image of it is attached below. Thanks in advance!!

C042-EDCE-7-E78-4-B0-F-8-B0-A-A65-AB01029-BF.jpg

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Solutions
It looks like a cancer sore (apthous ulceration, autoimmune response). Where are you from? In the US, you'll need a prescription for Triamcinolone in Dental Paste. Use it on the first day you get it and it may go away the next day. If you can't get the prescription, use topical numbing gels and the lesion should go away after 7 to 10 days.

Vote:

Ask a Question