Pain in bottom front teeth

Hey guys would really appreciate your thoughts. My bottom front teeth have been hurting constantly. My dentist has no idea why. X ray is attached. Please help!!

Attachments

• A6DBF1C9-3ED0-4176-A695-892D27E9ACD5.jpeg
    A6DBF1C9-3ED0-4176-A695-892D27E9ACD5.jpeg
    26.1 KB · Views: 349
Solutions
I wish you could get some answers from someone. I have the same thing but it is almost all my teeth. I have been to 7 regular dentist, one orthodontist, one endodontist, ent, regular go and a neurologist and they can't tell me why my teeth are killing me. I have never had any trouble with my front bottom teeth. None of them have a filling but if I tap or scratch them with a fingernail it kills me. If you find out anything please let me know. Good luck.

Vote:
I wish you could get some answers from someone. I have the same thing but it is almost all my teeth. I have been to 7 regular dentist, one orthodontist, one endodontist, ent, regular go and a neurologist and they can't tell me why my teeth are killing me. I have never had any trouble with my front bottom teeth. None of them have a filling but if I tap or scratch them with a fingernail it kills me. If you find out anything please let me know. Good luck.
Thank you so much for responding!! I feel your pain and i know how miserable it can make you feel, especially when doctors seem to have no answers. Im trying not to give up hope and i hope you dont either!! I will post updates here if i have any and i would love if you would do the same. Best of luck to you as well.

Vote:
one of your low front incisors is overloaded. I can see the periodental space is clearly wider than other teeth. could be malocclussion of that incisor.
Thank you so much for your response. It means so much to me that you took the time out to interpret my xray. I will look into this as a possible reason for my pain. Much appreciated

Vote:
Solutions
If I find out anything at all I will post what I find. I have read so much on the internet hoping to find out any information on these problems I have. I wish I knew for sure if it is strictly dental, neurological or both. If I may ask, did your problem just start all of a sudden? Also is that just a standard xay? I understand there are different kinds of x rays that show different things. I think there is one like a cone beam that shows nerves, blood vessels etc. I am beginning to wonder about dentist. I just looks like if you have pain in most all your teeth they would have a clue as to what your problem is. I'll let you know if I find out anything and good luck.

Vote:
If I find out anything at all I will post what I find. I have read so much on the internet hoping to find out any information on these problems I have. I wish I knew for sure if it is strictly dental, neurological or both. If I may ask, did your problem just start all of a sudden? Also is that just a standard xay? I understand there are different kinds of x rays that show different things. I think there is one like a cone beam that shows nerves, blood vessels etc. I am beginning to wonder about dentist. I just looks like if you have pain in most all your teeth they would have a clue as to what your problem is. I'll let you know if I find out anything and good luck.
Wow. I am in the exact same boat as you. In fact I could have written your post myself. I have spent countless hours on the internet researching and honestly it just makes me more confused. Where one website says one thing, another says the opposite. Thats why i figured i would turn to a forum hoping someone would relate to whats going on with me and have some insight. The question of dental vs. neurological has been driving me insane i cant figure it out!! Is there a way to know for sure? I have trouble accepting a “possibility” type of answer. My problem did start all of a sudden. I had extensive orthodontic work many years ago and never once had an issue or complaint. As far as i know that x ray is just standard but i have also done much research on more detailed xrays such as cone beam and the like. Its hard to find a place that even takes those x rays, nevermind a dentist who feels it is necessary to send me for one!! This has been such a nightmare. In your case, have you looked into possible teeth grinding, or bite problems as the cause of your pain? I hear that both can actually be extremely painful. Best of luck and once again thank you for the support and replies. If nothing else, we are not alone.

Vote:
Solutions
I am sorry to hear other people are having this and can't get an answer. I like you am totally confused and don't know which way turn. I have never had any orthodontist work done. I had a crown put on my top back (#2 I think ) 5 or 6 years ago and had the tooth below it refilled. The dentist was supposed to do a root canal on it but didn't. ( That's another story) but other than that I haven't had any dental work done and wasn't having any trouble. Just a cleaning every 6 months.
All my problems started after that one visit. Are basically all your teeth like this. All mine are but the fronts top and bottom seem the worst. I think I said the ones with crowns and root canals seem the worst. I just don't have any faith in the dentist around here. I did go to a dentist in a different town that supposedly has all the modern equipment, told her my problems and she didn't really do anything different than anyone else. I told her about my teeth and that my bite did and does seem off. Only thing she wanted to to was do a grinding type of adjustment ( called a t scan or tech scan) and them make me another mouth guard. She did recommend a sleep study to see if I grind my teeth. I had one of those done and they said I have mild sleep apnea but I didn't or don't grind my teeth which I didn't think I did. I really don't think my bite is off that much it is just that my teeth hurt so bad when they come together it magnifies my bite. I really don't think bite is my problem but I am not sure.
Lets try and keep this going and maybe someone can help up out. Maybe a good dentist will read it and have a suggestion. The one neurologist I went to ( which I didn't care for ) said it was dental but I still don't believe it bit I don't know. Only thing he did was have a mri on my head done and that was his conclusion
I have read tons of pages on fluoride and I don't know if it has anything to do with what I have but I suspect it. It is just to strange that all this happened after I had the fluoride treatment. I suspect that it penetrated my gums and has did something to my teeth. It is a fact that it will penetrate your gums.
Let me know if you find out anything. By the way I am a 71 year old male and live in Louisiana.

Vote:

Ask a Question