Getting a second opinion from the dentist

Good Morning Folks
My dentist says I need to have one of my back teeth (I presume it's the wisdom tooth) removed. However, I'm not so sure and would rather have a 2nd/3rd opinion.
Do you think I should register with another dentist in order to get another opinion? How would I choose which dentist to join?
Should I then go to the new dentist and just simply ask him/her for a 2nd opinion or just go for a regular check up and let him/her tell me that I need to tooth removed?

Thanks in advance

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Good day

You can just make an appointment with another dentist and say it is for a second opinion. Do you have any x-rays or more info regarding the tooth in question?

Vote:
Thanks
I don't have much information except the dentist says the wisdom tooth is at a curve and in danger of touching the tooth next to it. Also, I have difficulty reaching the wisdom tooth with my brush, as the gum has eroded.

Vote:

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Good day

It sounds like there might be indications to remove it, to prevent damage to other teeth as well. If you are really worried, you can get a second opinion, but it sounds like it might be the same advice given.

Vote:

Ask a Question