Not able to floss above permanent bridge.

Despite my HMO insurance, I spent over 2000 dollars combined this year on a #14 molar extraction with a bone graft, a permanent bridge, and a deep cleaning. My deep cleaning was today .It caught me off guard and cost $220 even with my insurance. My dentist said a deep cleaning is needed every two years.

I do not know if my unusual learning disability that effects my fine coordination and finger dexterity is a factor, but I have been unable to floss inside the small space above the bridge. even with the use of a dental floss threader. I am not even close to getting the thread inside this space, and I feel it is hopeless. I do have a small mouth as well, and cannot even locate the space.

Any suggestions? What are the consequences if i can't ever do it?

Solutions
You can try different hygiene tools - it's a lot of them on market now. Your options are: 1 - super-floss - heavily waxed on one end, works like needle with thread, widely recommended for people going through orthodontic treatment to clean around braces; 2 - proxabrush - small slim brush on long narrow handle "bottle brush", allow you to reach back teeth without opening wide, good for wide spaces b/w your teeth and under the bridge; 3 - waterpik / waterfloss - now come wiwth different tips to cover more complex situations, can be used with different oral oral rinses and designed to get into hard-to-reach spaces.

Attachments

• download superfloss.jpe
    download superfloss.jpe
    10.9 KB · Views: 147
  • proxabrush 11.jpe
    proxabrush 11.jpe
    7.9 KB · Views: 136
  • superfloss.jpe
    superfloss.jpe
    4.8 KB · Views: 122
  • waterfloss tips.jpe
    waterfloss tips.jpe