Savable or not?

The tooth #1 is diagnosed with irreversible symptomatic pulpitis, probing depth in all areas is 6-7 mm, mobility degree 2, thequestion is should attempt to save it?

Attachments

• 20181227_172701.jpg
    20181227_172701.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 253

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Are you asking about #28 (#15 in the US)? This tooth needs extraction due to failed root canal, major fractured restoration, extensive internal caries and poor crown/root ratio. Tooth # 17 (#2) has large mesial caries. If #17 has irreversible sx pulpitis, the crown/root ratio is not favorable and the tooth is unopposed. The tooth may not have longevity for restoration.

Vote:
Defnitly! but today I opened the pulp chamber of the 17 (#2 in the US) so the patient insisted to keep it in arch even for a fewer time , he has been aware of the unfavorable prognosis of the tooth, there were two canals one buccal and one mezial, roots were wide opened and easy for file procedures...calcium hydroxide is dressed and now I wait I think tilll the next appointment.

Vote:

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Defnitly! but today I opened the pulp chamber of the 17 (#2 in the US) so the patient insisted to keep it in arch even for a fewer time , he has been aware of the unfavorable prognosis of the tooth, there were two canals one buccal and one mezial, roots were wide opened and easy for file procedures...calcium hydroxide is dressed and now I wait I think tilll the next appointment.
It is important that you explain fully to the patient. Ultimately it is the patient's decision. There maybe a 3rd canal. Mesial Buccal, Distal Buccal, and Palatal. Most likely the Mesial Buccal 2nd canal is joined to Mesial Buccal main canal. For all Maxilary molars in the US, we have to account for the MB2 canals especially in #16 (#3) and #26 (14).

Vote:
The tooth #1 is diagnosed with irreversible symptomatic pulpitis, probing depth in all areas is 6-7 mm, mobility degree 2, thequestion is should attempt to save it?
That should be removed, as should what appears to be #1
EXT #2, 15, restore #31, also based on the 2-3mm horizontal bone loss i would like to see SRP or deep cleanings with anesthetic

Vote:

Ask a Question