New here

My name is Michelle. I have major anxiety dental fear. Especially, novicane shots. I brush my teeth three or more times a day. Is that too much. I have an appointment with a hygienist and terrified. The last one went under my gums without any numbing and I almost jumped off the seat. Can numbing gel help to lessen pain when hygienist goes under my gums? I use act mouthwash, sensydine toothpaste and crest pro health mouth wash. Any recommendations? Food? Vitamins? Thanks. Michelle

Hi Michelle,

Brushing your teeth 3+ times a day is excessive. You can actually cause damage to your teeth by over brushing them and scrubbing too hard. I would advise brushing 2x a day with a soft toothbrush and flossing regularly. Taking care of your teeth should not be painful.

Many, if not all, will provide you with something to help with your anxiety during your visit. You just need to speak to your local dentist and also let them know about this while you are scheduling.

Yes there are foods and vitamins you can take to help with your oral health.
& try to stay away from sugary drinks! (sodas, juices, etc...) If you're going to drink something like this then make sure you drink it quickly and not sip on it throughout a long period of time. (sip all day & get tooth decay)

Ask a Question