Need help with damaged tooth.

Hello sir,

Sorry for my poor English.

My second last tooth is damaged in center, it has hole in center. I attached digital x-ray taken of it. I don't have any pain or trouble with it. Only, food stuck in it, so sometime I have to use toothpick.

Is it advisable to leave it as it is, or I need any treatment. I once visited dentist and he suggested me root canal procedure. But, I feels it very painful, and don't have guts to do it.

I also research root canal on internet blogs and forums and got same idea that root canal is not required and advisable if you don't have any pain or trouble.

Thanks for making such forum available.

Attachments

• HIRENMODHVADIYA_1_2392013.jpeg
    HIRENMODHVADIYA_1_2392013.jpeg
    61.5 KB · Views: 473
I don't think you would need to get a root canal done if the root isn't infected. I would advise that you get a few more opinions from different dentists to see how they feel about it. You might be able to get a filling or a crown.

As far as being scared about going through the root canal, you can always look for a cosmetic dentist that specializes in sedation dentistry. That way you don't have to deal with the stress during the procedure.

Vote:
yes of-course,
if your root is not damaged then, you haven't need to get root canal treatment
you must concern with nearest cosmetic dentist near by you.

Vote:
Hello sir,

My second last tooth is damaged in center, it has hole in center. I attached digital x-ray taken of it. I don't have any pain or trouble with it. Only, food stuck in it, so sometime I have to use toothpick.

Is it advisable to leave it as it is, or I need any treatment. I once visited dentist and he suggested me root canal procedure. But, I feels it very painful, and don't have guts to do it.

I also research root canal on internet blogs and forums and got same idea that root canal is not required and advisable if you don't have any pain or trouble.

Hello sir,

Dear Hiren, From the x-ray you provided you have a very deep cavity. It is fair to say that you should get treatment for this tooth as soon as possible. The least you can expect that needs to be done is excavation of all decay and a filling. If the decay has invaded the pulp (nerve), then a root canal is necessary to restore the tooth back to health. The fact that you may not be experiencing any pain is not the reason you should use to prolong or avoid treatment. You do in fact have "trouble". The x-ray shows a huge cavity that if left untreated will likely give you a memorable dose of pain and discomfort in the foreseeable future.

Vote:
I would definitely seek advice from a dental professional and not someone with no dental experience. From your radiograph I can see that you have decay that looks like it extends into your pulp chamber. I also notice darkening around the tips of your roots which is also a sign of infection. If you're not experiencing pain, it may be because the pressure that builds up in an infected tooth can escape through a hole or opening in the tooth which you clearly have. If the opening is sealed pain and swelling usually occur. I've personally had a root can and see several patients daily who need them. They're not nearly as traumatic as people think. They just take a long time to do but you're numb so you shouldn't feel any pain.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vote:

Ask a Question