Need advice

hi I am looking for some advice

Never in my life have I had so much Trouble with a private dentist!

So starting from the beginning.

1.5 years ago I went privately to a dentist and got my teeth whitened and got a crown. Best results ever was so pleased and great dentist.

I then moved 100 miles from my home town and went to a new dentist and sadly my front tooth broke while eating one day, the dentist suggested I really needed a crown and it would be 550 pound and as I've had it done before privately I was happy to go ahead as i assumed it would be as straight forward as before...

Boy was I wrong !
The usual I had to go and see the lab who were making it. Lovely people at the lab and I done my research on them before hand and thought it was brilliant they were award winning.
However when I got my crown prep I had an awful experience with the temporary crown it looked an awful yellow tone with white patches in the middle (see photo attached). I raised these concerns to the dentist and he said he could not colour match it so I left with a yellow front tooth! After thinking about it more I decided it was unacceptable and called for a chat with the manager who then booked me in to have it redone to a more suitable standard.

Got sorted and I left feeling a bit more confident in the practise. 3 weeks later back again for the official crown to be cemented in however it was a bit chunkier than my other crown next to it so I again raised these concerns and he said it was due to the shape of my own tooth as it stuck it more ( it didn't before see photos before I ever walked into this dentist.

So he cemented it in and sent me on my way. I got a second opinion from my previous dentist who said it was unacceptable especially as it was private and I had spent 550 pounds.

Back on the phone I go and booked an appointment to have a chat with him. He was so rude and kept cutting me off and was for none of it.

I then asked for the manager who was very nice but did not seem too keen to replace it.
But in the end she agreed to replace. I was asked to go back to lab again and so I did and when I arrived it turns out this award winning lab never even made my crown as I was led to believe! They only colour matched it.

So now the are actually making it and today I went to get it cemented in and again it's not right it is whiter and longer than my other crown next to it. So back to the lab again later today he was not happy.

Any advice would be great I feel I've been treated badly and I'm scared this won't get sorted out.

This has been on going now since October

I have attached photos
1. My teeth before attending this dentist 1 year ago ( in the red headed person)

2. My temporary crown I was sent away with

3. The crown suppose to be the finishing one he has temporarily cemented in so the lab can have a look

Attachments

• IMG_3876.JPG
    IMG_3876.JPG
    129.8 KB · Views: 286
  • IMG_4828.JPG
    IMG_4828.JPG
    75.8 KB · Views: 259
  • IMG_5121.JPG
    IMG_5121.JPG
    157.1 KB · Views: 275
Last edited:

Ask a Question