Advice needed for front teeth

I am 34 year old male.. I have problem related to my front teeth as they have gaps, chipped teeth. Plus they are yellow no matter how many times I brush, changed pastes ...Any suggestions for betterment

Attachments

• IMG_20180731_211149.jpg
    IMG_20180731_211149.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 395

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Brushing will not remove the discoloration. It is best to see a dentist for a full evaluation and treatment options. We need to know your health history...do you have heart conditions, diabletes, acid reflux, mental anxiety/depression, medications/conditions/medical procedures that affect saliva flow, etc.? Do you have unresolved stress, grind/clench, TMJ dysfunction, biting difficulty, missing teeth, dental anxiety, etc.? What are your expectations with appearance, maintenance and costs?

There are so many options varying from minimal intervention to complex and comprehensive care involving many specialties. Hopefully you have clear expectations and an informed plan.

Vote:

MattKW

Verified Dentist
Solutions
I am 34 year old male.. I have problem related to my front teeth as they have gaps, chipped teeth. Plus they are yellow no matter how many times I brush, changed pastes ...Any suggestions for betterment
Some of that stain may not come off with simple cleaning. It might benefit from etching and pumice. But I suspect your hygiene has not been too good, so after the dentist cleans you up, you have to look to your diet and hygiene to maintain them. You only get one good chance with your teeth; once they've been damaged, we're only doing smash repairs.

Vote:
Solutions
A hygienist can remove those stains with a bit of scraping, well a lot of scraping. You will never do it with a brush alone. You could try something like a sonicare or braun, they can remove a significant amount of staining. but then you have to be careful not to over-brush and damage the enamel too.

Vote:

Ask a Question