Lost enamel on teeth, trying to look after dentin/ calculus..?

Hello forum, as stated above due to a stressful experience I lost the enamel on my teeth, about 2 years ago. The dentin was surviving well since then but now calculus is developing, the dentin is extremely sensitive to touch and willd discolour on brushing (can't), even rubbing. The enamel is dead, whilst the dentin is living, any advice on what to do in this situation... I'm kind of hoping leaving the calculus to fossilize & crossing my finders might be best option in my case, as I'm not sure what would happen if the dentin were exposed to scraing (calculus) or sonic cleaner... Maybe someone else will recommend..?
Thank you.

Solutions
Sorry to hear that. It must have been awful.

You really should go to a dentist and see if they can suggest any treatments to reduce the sensitivity. They will need to remove the calculus as you could be more prone to decay if your enamel is worn. In the meantime, make sure you floss and get a soft brush and some sensitive paste until you see the dentist. You should gently brush them with a sensitive paste. But try to see a dentist as soon as possible.

Vote:

Ask a Question