Is this salivary duct stones or something more serious?

08DE70D1-D71B-4E8F-A889-A5EDFCB1C302.jpeg
1A9B6B96-AFE0-443F-A561-F0866D3AA6FF.jpeg
I have had pain, getting significantly worse at the back of my mouth where my wisdom teeth should come through.

The pain is raw and “grainy” and has been accompanied by feeling very nauseous and dehydrated.

There is no foul smell to my breath and I’ve been able to eat, although sometimes this hurts when I shut my mouth.

The pain has been significant enough to wake me several times during nights.

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Thank you.

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Solutions
How long have you notice this lesion? Are you a smoker? Have it checked out by a dentist who can view this more thoroughly. I initially thought it looked like an apthous ulceration "Canker sore." My colleague thought it could be squamous cell carcinoma. We both do not think it is a salivary duct stones...you can detect it with a x-ray. It is hard to determine based on these 2 images.

Vote:

MattKW

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Could it be impingement from an overerupted upper wisdom tooth? Do you have any Xrays of upper AND lower teeth? An OPG would be excellent.

Vote:

Ask a Question