Is root canal failed?

Year ago I did root canal and my tooth never stopped hurting on applying pressure, and almost every day dull pain comes (kinda like under tooth) its not unbearable but it bothers me, also my neck and head hurts frequently and I think its froom tooth. Here is the picture, its tooth 6 bottom right on the picture.
IMG_0625.jpeg

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Need a better x-ray to determine if the root canal is failing or not. Difficult to see on the PAN

Vote:

MattKW

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Agree - an OPG is too fuzzy and not useful for this analysis. I'd suggest a bitewing (to check upper AND lower teeth), and periapicals of the 5 and 6. There is also a possibility that the unerupted 8 is causing root sensitivity of the 7. More tests and info needed.

Vote:
it is possible that your root canal has failed. Some of the symptoms of a failed root canal include:
  1. Tenderness or pain in the tooth when applying pressure, even after recovering from treatment/.
  2. Dull pain that comes and goes, which can be under the tooth.
  3. Neck and head pain that is frequent and may be related to the tooth.
    If you are experiencing any of these symptoms, it is important to contact your endodontist or dentist who performed the original root canal. They can evaluate your case and determine if the root canal has failed. If it has, they can discuss treatment options with you, which may include root canal retreatment or surgical options.
  4. It is important to note that not all pain or discomfort after a root canal indicates a failed root canal. Some discomfort is normal for a few days after the procedure, but if the pain persists or becomes severe, it is important to seek professional help.

Vote:

Ask a Question