Infected tooth, what can I do to make it numbable for sedation?

LJ2

Okay, so I'm pretty sure my tooth is still infected. There's no obvious way to tell, going dentist tomorrow anyway. Tooth next to it is now really sensitive. Bad tooth itself gets a dull ache very rarely. Tooth is rather dead though. Had a lasting fever for 2 weeks now.

So far antibiotics are not clearing it, not fully anyway. It seems to somewhat go and then come back again. I'm waiting for a referral to go through to get it removed on sedation because when my dentist initially tried to remove the tooth, she couldn't get it properly numb. Was that possibly because it was infected back then too? The tooth is badly decayed, it was broken prior to her attempt but she messed it up a bit more and left it with a dressing where it got more visibly infected later.

Is this even able to be numbed on sedation? If not, will sedation be enough for me to not really care about it? What can I ask my dentist to do to help with it till then and/or help it be numbable? There's no abscess that I can see to be drained, can it be cleaned out anyway?

Ask a Question