Indecisive on what procedure to undergo

Hello I have been insecure all my life rregarding my gummy smile together with my side view that indicate I somewhat have a very protruded jaw.
I visited some orthodontists a while ago and some suggested jaw surgery, some suggested braces and some said it's fine as it is. I'm still undecisive on which treatment i should undergo and I would really appreciate your opinions and suggestions. I have attached a couple of photos attesting to my condition. Feel free to take a look and writing a feedback. Any help would be appreciated. Sorry for the edits on my photos. Much thanks:)

Attachments

• IMG_2792.jpg
    IMG_2792.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_2794.jpg
    IMG_2794.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_2797.jpg
    IMG_2797.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_2798.jpg
    IMG_2798.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_2799.jpg
    IMG_2799.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 14

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Good day
It does seem like you are leaning towards what we refer to as a class III jaw relationship, with either an overdeveloped lower jaw or underdeveloped upper jaw. Orthodontics with jaw surgery can definitely improve your profile. Additionally or alternatively, you can then maybe consider crown lengthening, where the gums around your top teeth are " cut away" surgically or with a laser and then shaped in order to reduce the amount of gum that shows when you smile.
Both these options should be carefully planned and will most likely form part of a comprehensive treatment plan

Vote:

Ask a Question